This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation problems

May 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Hi
I think I did everything right, but this doesn't install. I have Excel 2013, downloaded and extracted the zip file, and executed Install64.bat. Following all the prompts ended up with the opening of an Excel spreadsheet with the sort of random garbage you see when you open an .exe file in a word processor. Any ideas?
Much obliged.
Jun 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I had the same problems with the 32bit version and Office 2010.
Apr 1, 2014 at 11:28 AM
I installed this in Excel 2013, as explained in the instructions, but the add-in does not show up in the ribbon interface tabs in Excel. The sample spreadsheets load properly in Excel, but there is no way to access the update function, since the add-in doesn't show up in the tabs.
Jan 1, 2015 at 7:31 PM
The download worked fine for me. I think I have Office 2013. I certainly have an i7 computer running Windows 8.1. I loaded this program because my MSN MoneyCentral Stock Quotes lookup stopped working on 1/1/2015. Once installed, there is a new tab on my Excel horizontal toolbar called "Stock Quote." Open that tab and it attributes the software download to www.parago.de which sounds reasonable. Now that I see "Stock Quote" the add-in seems to work on some new pages but not all old pages. What I've done is added a new worksheet called "Prices" and there listed all my stock symbols in Column A. In Column B, I point to the stock symbols with the PSQ() function. The function returns the current price of stocks that use letters. It does not seem to work for stocks with periods (Shell Oil) or symbols (S&P500). So I have added Column C to test which prices are being returned as zero. These I have to add manually. For me, it is just two symbols ($INX and RDS.B). Then as I need the prices for other worksheets, I use a lookup function to find them on the Prices worksheet. Perhaps if I had started a new spreadsheet rather than fixing one that had used MSN MoneyCentral Stock Quotes, the function would work on every page. While the MSN MoneyCentral Stock Quotes had problems returning prices for almost-dead junk stock (eg, MMAC) and small spinoffs (eg, HYH), the PSQ() function finds all such obscure prices. I'm so happy that Jurgen has made this add-in, as I was somewhat desperate to record the closing 2014 prices and the opening 2015 prices.